PARTTEAM & OEMKIOSKS develops Self-Service medication dispenser for Pharmacies
PARTTEAM & OEMKIOSKS, through an international partner, was responsible for the production of a self-service medication dispenser of the IMPACTV model for a pharmacy.
This self-service kiosk allows a patient to be able to collect, in an easier, faster and more efficient way – and without human interaction – the drugs prescribed by the doctor. Besides, it reduces waiting time in pharmacies.
When the doctor finishes the prescription in the system, the information is automatically transmitted to the pharmacy, who will verify it. Then, the system will notify the patient in two ways:
- Through an SMS (which includes a verification code), the patient receives the information that the medication is ready and that it can be picked up at the pharmacy;
- Through an email, which contains exactly the same information as the SMS, the barcode of the verification code is also sent.
Therefore, when the patient arrives at the kiosk, in the pharmacy, to collect his medication, he must follow these steps:
- Inserts his identification document into the card reader;
- Scan the barcode or enter it manually;
- After this check, the patient can review the drugs prescribed and consult the available stock, being able to select one or more drugs from the list.
After this initial phase, the medicine is automatically dispensed at the kiosk for the customer to collect. While waiting, the patient can watch the video of the medication delivery, which is transmitted on the kiosk screen. At any time, the patient also has the option of making a video call with the pharmacist to clarify any doubts that may occur. When all medications are delivered, the system reveals to the patient a summary of what was delivered and the patient must do an electronic signature. At the end, he can choose to print the receipt or receive it by email. To confirm the delivery of the medication, an SMS will also be sent to the patient.
Given the way this self-service medication dispenser works, we can list some advantages:
- Reduced waiting time;
- More efficient customer service;
- Faster, safer and more accurate drug distribution;
- Elimination of medication delivery errors;
- Increased patient safety and satisfaction;
- Cost reduction.
About the IMPACTV model, it was designed to be used both outdoors with protection and indoors. Modern, versatile and interactive, this model also aims to spread dynamic advertising content.
Interactive solutions for pharmacies are transforming these spaces and the way customers interact with them.
See how it works
Know more about our solutions for Pharmacies!
Download the paper for free.